Monday, September 17, 2007

Spending Time With God

Isn't it amazing how God speaks to us about things that maybe we don't think are a big deal. The last few days, my quiet times have been about having more of a commitment to Christ. I have always struggled with having a quiet time. I know how important having a quiet time is and so I have always tried to do better and have always vowed to do better. However, the other day I was reading the verse that says, "He who seeks to follow Me must take up his cross daily." I have read this verse many times but it has stuck with me for the last few days. I have always looked at this verse in such a way to speak of the struggles of being in a Christian in this world and the persecution we must endure. But after the other day, I look at it in a whole different light. We are to daily spend time with Christ; this is our cross. It is not a burdensome thing. It is simply putting ourselves and our desires aside in order to fulfill the calling of our Heavenly Father. Our quiet times that we spend with Him each day are not necessarily something earth shattering, but by making them a priority, we have chosen to take the focus off of ourselves and put on Him, where it belongs. This is my desire in life and this is one of the simplest things I can do to show what priority He has in my life. If you are not spending your time with God each day, I urge you to do so. Let Him know how valuable He is.

No comments: