Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My Grandma

This post is really a prayer request. My grandmother has been diagnosed with Progressive Supranuclear Palsy. This is a disease that itself is not fatal but the symptoms can be. If you know me pretty well, you know that my grandma and my aunt are the two people in my life whom I look up to more than anyone else. My grandma has always been there for me. Some of my best and favorite memories have to do with my grandma. We would go to the beach with her every summer growing up and just had the best time. My brother and I spent a lot of time at her house because my dad was a single dad and needed the extra help. I have picked up so many sticks in her back yard it is not even funny. One of my favorite memories was at the beach. My grandma told my brother and I that the tide was supposed to be high that day. We went out to the gulf (of Mexico) and would not get in because we didn't know how high the water was. I remember looking up and see my grandma walking down to the beach in her black bathing suit. She just walked right into the water like it was no big deal and so my brother and I followed her. We were on both sides of her and started splashing each other. She told us to stop splashing her or she would go back to the house. Needless to say, we stopped. My grandmother was my biggest supporter growing up. There are a lot of different paths my life could have taken because of circumstances beyond my control, however, she always encouraged me to live a life that I would be proud of. I will not get to see my grandma this Thanksgiving because I will be too far along in my pregnancy to travel that far. However, I am hoping to get to Baton Rouge after the baby is born. My aunt says that my grandma is going downhill pretty fast. Please be in prayer that I will get to see her soon.

No comments: