Saturday, September 8, 2007

Defining Patience

I have come to learn that patience is not a word in a two year olds vocabulary. If I ever have to tell Emily to wait, I know a tantrum will follow. I don't know when she will finally understand what this word means, but it can't come too early. The truth is that we are the same way with God. If God tells us to wait, we sometimes throw a tantrum and tell him we don't want to. The funny thing about a two year old is that if you just focus their attention on something else, they will forget about whatever it is they wanted (at least for a couple of minutes.) Maybe we need to do the same.

Oh, by the way. Yes, the Saints lost and I was very disappointed. However, we were playing the defending World Champs, Payton Manning, and on their home turf. I am okay with that and I think that we will do really well the rest of the season.

No comments: