Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year (one day late)!

I don't know about you and your family, but 2008 looks like it is going to be a wild and crazy ride for the Peck household. We are only two days into the New Year and I'm already dizzy. First of all and most importantly we are still waiting for our baby to be born. We will go for our final checkup tomorrow to see if we might be able to deliver a few days early. I know that Theresa would love to hear her doctor say "it's time" and put and end to our anticipation. If not, we will just have to wait until Monday to meet our newest family member. (By the way, I'm currently working on a family website that I will launch as soon as I have pictures of Callie.)

If having a baby was not enough, we are in the middle of packing up all of our things so that we can move to our rent house by the 12th. We have pushed up our closing date to the 11th, which happens to be our 5 year anniversary. Talk about a way to celebrate! Thankfully we have my family close by to come and help and a very generous church family who will be helping us move. I just don't think we can fit it all in our 2004 Honda Civic. I'm afraid if I did we might look like this . . .
(What you can't really see is all of the concrete in the back seat!)

Moving is always an adventure but I know that this is all part of God's plan for us. Even though I don't always understand, I know He is in control and knows what is best. I wouldn't want it any other way. So, when I start to get overwhelmed with all of this plus everything that must happen in the student ministry at Union Hill, I have to laugh and let God have control. As I always say, life is never boring around my house and I wouldn't have it any other way. I hope you are already enjoying 2008 and I pray that this year will be a Christ-centered year for us all. I have set several goals for myself and feel that at least I am trying to improve my relationship with God, my family, and others. Hang on because 2008 just might get crazy!

No comments: