Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Gotta Love My Girls!

Sometimes I still feel like I'm dreaming when I think about being the father of two beautiful girls. Callie went in yesterday for her two week check-up and she is doing great. She was 7 pounds 9 ounces and already over 20 inches long. Fortunately she didn't have to get any shots this time.

Overall Emily is doing so well as the big sister (even though she insists that she is the little sister). There are still times when she will try and hug her too tightly or forget that Callie is so fragile. For the most part she really likes having a sister and is constantly talking about us all being a family. I think she still doesn't understand why Callie can't do everything she can, but she is getting better. I am beginning to realize how a parent can love more than one child. I find myself loving so many qualities about Emily while cherishing Callie being so little and innocent. They are both already so different from each other and I love that too. As my love for Callie will increase as she gets older, I see my love for Emily being on such a different level because she has been a part of my life longer. It is great being the dad to two girls!

Don't you like my pretty pink hat?

Emily just had to bring her own camera to take pictures of her sister.


Callie's first bath at home.

No comments: