Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Let's Go To The Movies!

This past Saturday I got to take Emily to see her first movie. Technically this was her second try at watching a movie in a movie theater. When The Chronicles of Narnia came out, our church in New Mexico rented out the theater and we took her to see how she would do. We figured it would be a good time since the theater was filled with people from our own church. Let's just say that she lasted about 10 minutes before we had to take her home. Emily has just always been a loud baby. Either by crying or now by talking, she is constantly making some kind of noise.

Now that she is older and is more used to watching movies at home, we wanted to see how she would do. It worked out perfectly because the movie, The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything came out right after Callie was born. Theresa thought this would be a good father-daughter date since Emily is no longer the only star of the show. It was such a fun experience. She couldn't wait to get popcorn and a cherry coke to drink. As we were walking to our seats, a preview for another movie was already playing and is completely amazed her. She kept turning her head to stare at the big screen. Then she looked around to see all of the other people in the theater and asked who they were.

They only negative/difficult part was me having to put my leg over her seat so she it wouldn't fold her like a pancake! Every time I barely moved my leg I could feel her seat want to return to it's up-right position. (Next time I'll have to bring a brick to weigh her down.) As soon as we had finished sharing the popcorn, I put her in my lap because my leg was starting to fall asleep.

The movie was just the right length because I could tell the other little kids were getting restless toward the end. As we were leaving, she couldn't wait to go again. This will definitely be a movie we have to buy. Not only was it our first movie to watch together, but it was a good family movie. I expected nothing less from the VeggieTales creators. I have a feeling that last Saturday was only the beginning of my movie experiences with Emily.

No comments: