Monday, December 24, 2007

Youth Worker Chirstmas Party

On Friday night Theresa, Emily, and I went to our youth worker Christmas party. I decided that instead of a traditional party with food and a gift exchange we would just go bowling. Not to toot my own horn, but this worked out great. We usually take our youth bowling once or twice a year, but that means we have extra responsibility than if we were just going with our respected families. I enjoyed just hanging out with my youth workers and their families in a low-stress environment. Plus, who doesn't have fun at a bowling alley?

This was also a great night for us because this was Emily's first time to bowl. She did really great her first game. She even got a strike (with the help of some bumpers and daddy's arm)! It was really cool to see her reaction as the pins fell down. She could have cared less if all ten of them fell down on the first try or even at all. During the second and third games she definitely was a little tired, but ended up getting her "second wind" and finished the night laughing and dancing to the music. It was a great night not only for my family, but also for my leadership team. If you are looking for something to do this Christmas season to relieve some stress, then I highly recommend heading to your local bowling alley.

Emily & Daddy pushing her 6 pound bowling ball down the lane.

Isn't that such a great reaction?!?

She got an 89 for her first game. Not too bad for only being 2 1/2.

Now exactly how does the ball return work?

PS My wife tagged me in her blog. So, I am now thinking of five random facts about myself to post in my next blog entry.

No comments: