Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ice Everywhere!

Today was a great day because I got to be at home due to a major ice storm that has come through Oklahoma. Even though our roads aren't bad at all here in Purcell, everything else just looks frozen. From tree limbs, to the grass, to power lines, everything is encased in ice. Since schools state-wide were shut down and with many businesses not having power, I was able to stay home today with my girls. We had a lot of fun building a fire in our fireplace, watching TV (Emily always calls it watching a movie) reading, and just hanging out. I do have to admit that on days like this, I am a bit jealous of my sister. During our ice storm in January, she and her roommate got to sleep in, watch their own movies, read, surf the web, etc. Life with a two year old means everything has changed. This is especially noticeable when you have a day like today with endless possibilities, and you wind up riding a "cow" from our pull-out couch to the floor. Hey, don't knock it until you try it! Of course you have to yell "go cow, go cow, go, go" the entire time. As soon as you hear your daughter laugh uncontrollably because mommy and daddy are riding her "cow," that is when it really doesn't matter that you don't get to watch your movie, or sleep in, or do anything else you want to do when all you can see outside is ice. Theresa was quick to remind me today that someday when our children are old enough to play with each other, we will be begging to join in. Needless to say, today was another great day with my family and I know that all of the things on my to-do list will still be there later.

PS Maybe I'll get to do it all again tomorrow!

No comments: