Monday, October 13, 2008

Having Faith

Alright! If you know me well, you knew this blog was coming. I have been wanting to post about the presidential election for a while, but have been trying to restrain myself. Well, no longer! I am a supporter of John McCain. (I'm sure that comes as a shock.) However, lately, I have been on edge about everything. I watch the stock market and wonder if we are going to have another depression. I watch the news and think about how much the media seeks to divide, not unite. Things that should not be focused on in the campaign are focused on and things that should be talked about are being ignored. I have taught myself that we have to have faith. There are several things we need to have faith in, however. Number one, we need to have faith in the American people. We have a history of not letting others tell us what to do and hopefully, we will make our own decision when we go to the voting booth. Second, we need to have faith in our democratic system. Whoever wins, we need to trust that this is who was voted into office. Third, we need to have faith in our country. Looking back at the times of the Great Depression, the role of government was expanded thanks to a democratic president. It probably prolonged the Depression rather than helped, but we eventually got back on track. Last, but most importantly, we need to have faith in God. Remember, He is in control and He knows exactly what will happen. We can trust Him with our country and we can trust Him with our family.

Before I go, I encourage you to know what each candidate believes on the issues. Look at their plans for our future. If you are not sure, ask me and I can help you (but I am a little biased.)

MCCAIN/PALIN ALL THE WAY!!!!

1 comment:

thePiks said...

Wow, I didn't expect that from you at all! Ha! You are so right, though. I've been saying I want a good president for my birthday this year! I get my wish since election day is on my birthday, right?