Monday, October 6, 2008

God's Blessings

Yesterday was a really neat day for me. I say some our prayers get answered that I didn't even know we had been praying for. It just showed me again how God not only desires to take care of our needs but He wants to give us a few of our wants also. Let me just give a quick rundown of what I mean. Every time we have gone to Wal-Mart lately, they have had those wooden playhouses and playground equipment sitting out. I guess they are trying to get rid of them before putting them back in storage. Anyway, Emily always talks about wanting one. The problem is that they cost anywhere between 300-500 dollars. Needless to say, we really can not afford that. Okay, keep that in mind. Jason and I were talking the other day about when do we give Emily a bike. I think I came to the conclusion that maybe for her birthday we could get her one. Again, a good one is a little expensive so we would have to save up for it. Emily is also outgrowing all of her clothes. We can get her things a little at a time, but a lot of her stuff comes from her MiMi and PaPa. They have been a real blessing.

Anyway, yesterday we go to church and a lady starts talking to Jason about a Playscape that she has that her son has outgrown. It is a real sturdy playset for the backyard. She wants to give it to us. Emily will get it the end of this month. I know that she will be so excited. I also had another lady come up to me during our welcome time and tell me that her daughter is outgrowing all of her clothes very quickly and she doesn't have anyone to give her clothes to. The little girl is a year older than Emily and she wanted to know if I wanted the clothes. I was like, definitely. Then, she added, in the spring we will have a bike to give you also. The bike is almost brand new and was only ridden a few times. I was floored! God is so good. I didn't even know these were things that were on His priority list, but again, He desires to give us good things, so I shouldn't be all that surprised.