Saturday, January 24, 2009

Is It Still January?


The reason behind this post is the current state of our weather. On Thursday we got a rare treat; beautiful weather. It was way too nice to be inside all day and if I could have skipped office work trust me I would have. For the first time this year, we actually got up into the 70s which is very unusual for an OK January. It was a much needed break from the colder temperatures and I know welcomed by many. We even had a guy from our church stop by and tell us that he couldn't stand it any longer so he got out his motorcycle and went for a ride. It was that kind of day and I was lovin' it!

I really don't know how people who constantly have colder weather handle it. Last night Theresa and I watched a show called "Extreme Homes of the Frozen North." Very cool houses but there is no way I want to live in the frozen North. The people on the show just loved their weather and I'm happy for them because I much prefer our weather. I love being able to experience all four seasons even though it can be a stretch at times here in Oklahoma.

I remember when I was in junior high we had several snow days in a row. By the third or fourth day of being cold and inside, I was about to go crazy. When the sun did come out it felt so good. That was Thursday for me. I love to be outside and the nice weather really made me ready for Spring. (Not to mention the fact that warmer weather is much easier on our heating bill!) My wonderful wife very quickly reminded me that we still have two more months until Spring is officially here.

Today Theresa was making her shopping list and said "this month has been so long." I think the weather has a lot to do with this, but it is also because we have started a New Year, had Callie's birthday, and our anniversary all within these past few weeks. Even though this month isn't quite over, it has been a great start to 2009. Hope you enjoy whatever weather you are currently experiencing. If not, maybe it will change soon.

1 comment:

thePiks said...

So glad you had a nice day! Our weather can't seem to make up its mind. We go from high 70s to 40s from one day to the next. I have to say it's not that bad though. I couldn't stand to need a heavy coat every day for months!

Come visit anytime! We'll have some nice weather for you!