Tuesday, January 13, 2009

6 Years of Marriage

This past Sunday Theresa and I celebrated six years of marriage. It still feels like it was just yesterday when we were moving to New Mexico after our honeymoon to start our first ministry position and our new life together. So much has happened since then in these few short years. We have both grown and changed in ways that we could not even begin to think of on January 11, 2003. I do miss those first days and months when it was just to two of us on our own in a foreign place trying to figure out life as a couple. From the very beginning, God has truly blessed us and we never went through all of the hardships that many newlyweds experience.

Don't get me wrong, we have had our "ups" and "downs" in our marriage, but it has definitely been a wonderful six years. We have made our mistakes and have learned a lot about surviving in this world. I can't even imagine having to go through life without Theresa. First, in ministry she has been an invaluable resource. I am constantly bouncing ideas off of her and asking her for advice. She is still my biggest fan and encourager when it comes to being a youth pastor. In a profession that isn't always known for being encouraging, God knew how much I would need her. Secondly, as a parent. I honestly have no idea how single parents do it. It is hard enough at times with the two of us that I don't even want to think about going it alone. There is a reason why God designed it to be one man and one woman raising and leading a family.

So, here is to our sixth anniversary. It has been wonderful so far and I can't wait to see what God has in store for us next!

I love you Theresa and I am proud to be your husband.

1 comment:

thePiks said...

Happy anniversary Jason and Theresa! Jason, I remember meeting you for the first time and seeing right away that you guys were perfect for one another. I'm blessed to know you guys and call you friends. I only wish we could see each other more! May God continue to bless your marriage, family, and ministry. I love you both, Amanda