Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Since tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, I wanted to write a quick post for Theresa. Usually I focus on Emily and Callie when I write, but for this post I want to focus on Theresa. Don’t get me wrong. Having both of my girls this year makes this such a special Valentine’s Day and I look forward to spending many more with both of them. However, it all goes back to Theresa. She is simply amazing. I can’t even imagine my life without her. In January, we celebrated our five year anniversary and that doesn’t even seem possible. We have been through a lot in five years and we are both definitely not the same two students who met through a seminary class.

Every step of the way, Theresa has been so supportive of me and my youth ministry. I could not do what I do without her. On top of her support, she does such a wonderful job raising Emily and Callie. We both know that God called her to be a stay-at-home mom and that is no small task. She knows how important a child’s spiritual formation is when they are young and that is one of her top priorities as we raise our girls. There is nothing wrong with moms who have to work, but it is such a blessing that she is able to stay home during the first part of their lives.

Happy Valentine’s Day Theresa! I love you and thank God for allowing us to have such a wonderful family.

No comments: