Monday, October 15, 2007

My Trivial Woes

Okay, it is time for me to address something I can no longer ignore. My LSU Tigers. Everything was moving right along, we were doing really good, until this weekend. I shouldn't be so sad about it, after all, we are number 4 in the BCS standings. I was so sad Saturday after we lost, but then on Sunday, the Saints won! Yeah!!!!! Our first win of the year. Hope it is one of many. I know it is just a game and Jason and I keep that in perspective pretty well, but, we use it as kind of our relaxing time. We don't get much of that these days.

Change of subject. I have really been hit lately with the amount of people who turn their lives over to Christ and continually live the same life they were living before. We all do it to some extent and so, therefore, none of us can set ourselves as better then anyone else in this regard. However, I have been thinking alot about everything Christ gave up in coming down here to earth and everything He endured while He was here. I am convinced that if we had a total grasp on both of these, then we would be compelled to turn from our ways and strive to live better Christ-like lives. I catch myself doing things such as saying unkind things or losing patience or watching something I shouldn't and remind myself of what He went through. We all fall, but I think we need to consider how we pick ourselves back up.

No comments: