Monday, April 27, 2009

The Teleprompter Prez

I still find it very ironic that many claim what a great orator our new president is when he obviously cannot function without his teleprompter. Maybe if I want to be such a great speaker I need to haul a teleprompter in for my Wednesday night Bible studies with my students. I'm sure that would really grab and maintain their attention.

I recently discussed with a pastor friend of mine who has been reading a book about "Preaching On Your Feet." In this book, pastors are encouraged to not use notes when they are preaching. I completely understand that a president must make numerous amounts of speeches and it would be impossible to memorize them. However, pastors must learn how to engage their audience and use proper oratory skills. Is that too much to ask from ummmm..... ummmm.... our president?

No comments: